This toolkit is about Employment First. Employment First means that:
- people with disabilities should be able to get the same kind of jobs as people without disabilities.
- workers with disabilities should get paid the same for the same work as workers without disabilities.
This toolkit will explain:
- What Employment First is
- Why Employment First happened
- What sheltered workshops are
- Why it is hard to get rid of sheltered workshops
- How we can solve problems people with disabilities have with employment
- Why work requirements are a bad idea