Medicaid is the biggest health care program in the country. It’s an important part of the United States health care system. But a lot of the information about Medicaid can be hard to understand. That’s why ASAN wrote a plain language resource “A Self-Advocate’s Guide to Medicaid.” This resource was developed in collaboration with the Autism Services, Education, Resources and Training Collaborative (ASERT), and with funding from the Special Hope Foundation.
The Easy Read version is divided into six parts, each containing one subject discussed in the toolkit. The Easy Read version uses pictures along with text, and has more white space.
Download Files for this Resource
- Part 1: Medicaid Toolkit, Introduction and Background (Easy Read)
- Part 2: Medicaid Toolkit, Who Can Get Medicaid? (Easy Read)
- Part 3: Medicaid Toolkit, What Does Medicaid Pay For? (Easy Read)
- Part 4: Medicaid Toolkit, Medicaid Funding (Easy Read)
- Part 5: Medicaid Toolkit, What Could Happen to Medicaid? (Easy Read)
- Part 6: Medicaid Toolkit, Summary and Glossary (Easy Read)