This curriculum was created to help self-advocates in Florida get more information about employment. The curriculum will also help people become more aware of what it is like to work in the community.
Explore Work can help people understand:
- how having a job can make your life better,
- how to think about the kind of job you may want,
- who can help you get a job,
- how to speak up for yourself,
- how to talk about your disability,
- how to plan for transportation, and
- stories of people who are successful at work.
Project staff from the EmployMe1st project created this curriculum. They partnered with self-advocates from Florida to make sure that it was understandable and accessible to all people with disabilities in Florida.
This curriculum is NOT something you can download. It is available clicking on this link http://www.employmentfirstfl.org/explore-work-curriculum
To get more information contact: