Engaging Youth in the Self Advocacy Movement is a Fellowship Project completed by Julian Wang from Colorado. On October 12, 2020, Julian presented a webinar on his project.
- October 12, 2020 – Click here to get the presentation handout
- October 12, 2020 – Click here to view a recording of the webinar.
Julian conducted a survey that looked at youth involvement with the disability rights self-advocacy movement. Here are his survey questions:
Engaging Youth in the Self Advocacy Movement – Survey Questions
Julian used the information he learned from his survey to create 2 resources:
- A Tip Sheet for Self Advocacy Groups about Engaging Youth
- Tips for Youth to Become Involved in the Self-Advocacy Movement
“Two moms. One dream. Love and Inclusion in the Real World.”
Love & Inclusion in the Real World is an exploration of inclusion throughout the lifespan, from school to the workplace to community life. Tena Green & Hettie Hueber hope to expand awareness that inclusion is not just the evidence-based thing to do, but also the right thing to do. They mix in research with anecdotes and try to be friendly and conversational – rather than controversial – throughout.
Julian Wang was a guest speaker for the podcast series Love & Inclusion in the Real World. Julian talked about his life as a young adult whose life is impacted by disability. He shared his SARTAC fellowship work with us, but also just personal stories of how he has advocated for himself and others. Julian described the advocacy work he is most proud of. He has so many good things to say, we did 2 podcasts!
Links to the Episodes:
Download Files for this Resource
- Engaging Youth in the Self Advocacy Movement -- Survey Questions
- Engaging Youth in the Self Advocacy Movement -- A Tip Sheet for Groups
- Tips for Youth to Become Involved in the Self Advocacy Movement
View More Resources About: Youth