Medicaid is the biggest health care program in the country. It’s an important part of the United States health care system. But a lot of the information about Medicaid can be hard to understand. That’s why ASAN wrote a plain language resource “A Self-Advocate’s Guide to Medicaid.” This resource was developed in collaboration with the Autism Services, Education, Resources and Training Collaborative (ASERT), and with funding from the Special Hope Foundation.
A Plain-Text Version for either those with vision-related disabilities or those who would prefer a version without accompanying graphics. The Plain Text Version is available as one document, or in individual parts.
Download Files for this Resource
- Part 1: Medicaid Toolkit, Introduction and Background (Plain Text)
- Part 2: Medicaid Toolkit, Who Can Get Medicaid? (Plain Text)
- Part 3: Medicaid Toolkit, What Does Medicaid Pay For? (Plain Text)
- Part 4: Medicaid Toolkit, Medicaid Funding (Plain Text)
- Part 5: Medicaid Toolkit, What Could Happen to Medicaid? (Plain Text)
- Part 6: Medicaid Toolkit, Summary and Glossary (Plain Text)
- Full Text of Medicaid Toolkit (Plain Text)