Danielle McGill is a self-advocate from Florida and is a 2017-2018 SARTAC Fellow. Danielle’s project was creating materials for the “A Ride Away Project.” This project is all about increasing awareness of the transportations needs for people with disabilities with policy recommendations through a guide for self-advocates, educators and community members. Danielle worked in partnership with the Ann Storck Center, Inc in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Danielle developed the following resources as part of her fellowship:
List of Materials (download below)
1. A Ride Away Guide-Encompasses peer-to -peer instructions, safety tips, hints, and resources about all the different transportation options in Broward and Palm Beach Counties – coming soon!
2. A Ride Away Travel Training Workbook-Activity workbook to reinforce what is instructed in A Ride Away Guide – coming soon!
3. A Ride Away Pocket Guide– is a smaller version of the guide that gives an overall summary of steps when traveling – coming soon!
4. Rider Insider Transit Diary– My personal traveling experiences on the different modes of transportation. The Diary is accessible on Facebook, for riders or future riders to share their experiences and advice, in order to inspire other people. – coming soon!
5.Rider Insider Travel Training Videos– Real life peer-to-peer instruction of a riders journey! See below!
6. Powerpoint for 2018 SABE National Conference: A Ride Away Project SABE Conference Presentation Danielle McGill
1. A Ride Away Project Teaser
2. Introducing A Ride Away Project’s Travel Training Program
3. 2018 FDOT Human Services Transportation Summit
6. Ann Storck Center, Inc. Community Transportation Connections & A Ride Away Project Transportation Challenge for Clean Air Month- April
It's Clean Air Month, and we have a challenge for you! Try different transportation options like carpooling, public transit or biking to reduce vehicle emissions. Share your experiences on social media through selfies and videos, and be sure to tag our page, @ASCRiderInsider. See you on the road!
Posted by A Ride Away Project on Thursday, April 12, 2018
View More Resources About: Accessibility