Marie Malinowski is a self-advocate from New York and is a 2017-2018 SARTAC Fellow. Marie’s project was to teach self-advocates about community organizing using videos, handouts, and presentations. Marie worked in partnership with the Self-Advocacy Association of New York State and VOICE Buffalo in Buffalo, NY.
Marie developed the following resources as part of her fellowship:
Two handouts (download below):
- Effective Meetings
- One to Ones
There are also videos that you can watch on these subjects:
- What is Community Organizing?
- Community Organizing Tool: One to Ones
- One to Ones: An example
- Community Organizing: Mentors – coming soon!
- Community Organizing: Agency Director’s View
- Community Organizing: Private vs. Public
- Community Organizing Tool: Effective Meetings – coming soon!
Special Thanks and Appreciation to:
Starlight Art Studio, Unitarian Universalist Church of Buffalo, The Center for Self-Advocacy, and Gamaliel